And here I am on the plane making my way back to Chicago. The long distance relationship with Australia has started all over again. I thought it would be easier this time but it is ten times harder as all my relationships with people have grown stronger and I have met even more amazing people that I will never forget. Thank you to everyone who made me feel so welcomed and at home. I am about to get really emotional and really don’t want to cry on the plane so I will leave it at that. I know that I will always have a special bond with this country and will not be able to stop going back. I am already looking at my calendar trying to find the best time to go back.
Things I will miss most about Australia:
-the amazing accents and slang words that people use…hopefully I don’t try many of them in America
-attempting to do an Aussie accent when all that comes out is British
-slow cook dinners that Freddie made for me
-night time chats with sis
-baking yummy gluten free desserts and learning new recipes from my fellow GF mum
-cover bands at every bar
-and of course all the people…you know who you are!
Things I am looking forward to in America:
-MY CAR!!!
-cheap prices
-family, especially BROOKIE!
-friends, so excited for nights out in Chicago while its still warm
-summer weather
-internet on my phone again
No comments:
Post a Comment