Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Sydney-LAX

I survived the flight from Sydney to LA, I am getting pretty used to this long flights.  Unfortunately I did not sleep AT ALL this time around which was not cool.  I just can never get comfortable on them.  I even forced myself to drink wine hoping that would tire me out but it didn’t do the trip.  I did get to watch a couple of movies and even some Modern Fam episodes, one of which I never saw (how did that happen!).  Finished my book so I feel like I definitely accomplished something.  The food on these flights is seriously amazing.  I got a lunch/dinner and then breakfast and since I had to get a special meal for allergies they bring out my food first so I literally feel like a VIP.  You get a little goody bag with snacks and stuff during the flight as well.  The flight always sounds so long and daunting (14 hours) but it really does seem to go pretty fast once you are up in the air and I am always so surprised when they announce that its time to land already.

Landing at LAX is probably the worst part, its such a HUGE airport with so many international flights landing around the same time.  I got my hustle on after getting off the flight and was one of the first in line at customs, apparently there weren’t many Americans on the flight because I was second in line on that side.  Grabbed my bags, which were sooo heavy and hard to get on the cart (last time some men helped me but no men around today).  Then, I had to drop my bags and find the next terminal to go to, where I asked about three different people to help me because the signs were not clear, and it was early, and I was a bit out of it still.  I had like 3 hours to kill so I got some snacks (wasn’t sure what to eat considering I ate breakfast at 3:30 AM and now its 8 AM and I want lunch.  Saw HELEN HUNT buying gum and water with her daughter at one of the shops.  Wanted so badly to say something, but I was in a bad mood and didn’t want to cause a scene.  Now I can finally say I got my celeb sighting.  I’m also pretty sure I saw some sort of athlete I am going to say a basketball player judging by the body type.  He was so tall, pretty skinny, sunglasses, and had some pretty fancy luggage.  Wanted to stalk him but thought that wouldn’t quite be appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment