Thursday, 16 June 2011


image


After lots of unpacking (of course I overpacked per usual) I was ready to take a break and went up to the school.  I ran into Bonnie’s room and completly forgot that she would be in the middle of teaching.  I practically tackeled her I was so excited to be reunited!!!

Anyways the kids got really excited and I was surprised by how many remembered me.  The best was this one boy that I worked with everyday who said “wait your that one girl from that one place” um yes that one place is AMERICA.  I suddenly felt extremely overwhelmed by all the kids and all of their crazy questions.  Then another boy started drilling me about American sports (this kid is no joke about 6 feet tall).  He was asking me about the NBA finals and was acting all upset that the heat lost when really I bet he didn’t even watch the game (I saw it being replayed today…3 days after).  But it was just so funny listening to them and their accents.

It felt so good to be back and I am REALLY EXCITED to start subbing there tomorrow. I am sure I will have some great stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment