Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Rain Rain go away

As if I didn't like the rain enough back in America, it is pretty much the worst here, especially since weather.com doesn't work for the town I am in therefore it's always a mystery how the weather might end up.  The school I am working at is completely outdoors (well besides the actual classrooms) so I literally have to walk outside to go anywhere outside of the library.  I can't be bothered to bring my umbrella everywhere so I throw up my hood and hope for the best.  I also walk to and from school which is not fun in the rain, thank goodness for my northface rain coat (have I mentioned northface is not well known here and is the easiest way to spot an American, because I mean what American doesn't like northface).  I purchased a pretty sweet umbrella at target before I left and it as one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Highlights of my day:
-A 2nd grade boy telling me that he wants to marry me
-A girl giving me a birthday cupcake, which I than gave to Bonnie, but hey its nice to feel loved
-A girl raising her hand to tell me I looked pretty today (which was adorable considering I had my hair up and was soaking wet)
-having the Kindergarten class (my favorite)
-finding out that tomorrow is a special day to celebrate the Aboriginal people of Australia therefore I don't have to plan lessons (YAYAYAY)
-finally getting complimented on my sweet electric blue katy perry nails
-losing my voice at the end of the day (sarcasm here)
-a teacher suggesting I come back in October to work for her for a month while she is on long service leave (tempting)

Other than that the day felt LONG.  I can tell the kids are getting winter holiday fever and are ready to be out for 2 weeks.  I think tonight will be the night I open one of the fancy bottles of wine I bought at Hunter Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment