I wish I had a video recording so you could hear all the silly things they said or asked.
My favorites from the day were:
a girl calling me Miss Argy the entire time (she just kept making up different random names for me)
a boy telling me he saw me once in America (yet he has probably never been there)
a girl telling me that her aunt went to America and I was in pictures with her aunt (well where did your aunt go I asked? The girl had no idea)
a boy telling me he was born in America or wait maybe it was England (he couldn't seem to remember)
Kids really do and say the darnest things and it makes my job all the more exciting everyday.
| Students from last year |
As if my day wasn't already great enough I was surprised at the end by at least 15 girls from the class I student taught last year. They are now in 7th grade and attend high school. I still email with several of them and was SO SHOCKED to see many of them. I nearly started to cry when I saw how grown up and mature they are now. They looked adorable in their new uniforms and talked my ear off all about high school. It was such a great way to end the day!
That's so nice that your 7th graders came to see you! Have another good day in the library!
ReplyDeletehahaha love this. read it out loud to katie. "i was born in america! or maybe england?"
ReplyDeletemiss you little librarian!