Sunday, 19 June 2011

American Princess

Yesterday I got to reunite with all of my favorite Aussie boys!!!  It was a wonderful day filled with many laughs.  Andrew (who happens to be the nephew of my host family) came up with the idea to go to Watson's Bay, which has beautiful views and is just a ferry ride away from the city.  We met at Circular Quay, right near the Opera House, and took a 20 minute ferry over the water.  The ferry ride was beautiful and we couldn't have had better weather, not a cloud in the sky.

We went for a long walk (or hike considering the lack of an efficient pathway) by the water to South Head and the views were breath taking.  Honestly my pictures do not give it justice.  I just kept repeating "I cannot believe how beautiful it is here, why is everyone walking so fast and not taking pictures!  You don't get these views in Chicago!"  But then I forget that they live here and see pretty things like this all the time (LUCKY!).  We all stumbled upon a nude beach which was slightly awkward....

We continued our sight seeing by walking around the botanical gardens near the Opera House.  I got to see so many beautiful places around the city that I have never been to before so it was definitely a successful Sunday.

I laughed more yesterday than I have in a long time and really enjoyed the day exploring.  Everyone was so nice to me and really treated me like an "American Princess" (which is now and ongoing joke with them).  When Chicago (my other nickname) wants to go somewhere everyone always agrees :)


Can Sydney be any more gorgeous?

Getting off the ferry at Watson's Bay

Crew for the day with downtown Sydney in the background

Hello Andrew

Nathan, Andrew, Trevor, Ben, Lauryn, & I

Amazing views

The boys & I

Watson's Bay

So lovely


Aussie sis


Opera House view from the ferry



We look like one big happy family :)

Shout out to Andrew who wore his Chicago Blackhawks hoodie just so that he could impress my Chicago readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment