Wednesday, 22 June 2011

You call this winter?

Since I have been here I have been amazed by the pleasant weather, like really?  Low 60s high 50s sounds like a nice winter to me!  Well today the weather took a turn for the worse.  Heavy winds and cold temps made for a very cold day at school.  I have to walk outside to get anywhere so I was constantly feeling like I might get blown over.  My favorite was one of the teachers on duty this morning with a huge parka, gloves, and a scarf.  Like ok it wasn't that cold!  I keep making fun of all my friends when they complain about how cold it is when really it feels so nice to me after such an awful winter. The other day I went for a run in shorts and a tee shirt, while I passed by someone in under armour and pants.  They were looking at me like I was crazy.  The greatest thing about winter here though is that the sun ACTUALLY SHINES, which can make all the difference.

Nothing too exciting today at school.  Got to work with the older kids which was actually great fun.  I love when it feels like you can have an actual conversation with them.  They were so amazed to learn about America and asked some really great questions.  I am becoming more familiar with the kids at school and love hearing my name shouted out over the playground.

I am becoming a pro at putting checked out books away.  I even recruited a couple of girls to help me today during lunch!  And I'm obsessed with the little clicker thing that I have to use when checking out books.  I feel like I have so much power with that device.  (It all goes back to my dreams of working at the jewel checkout)

Also, today was the shortest day of the year, the sun went down before 5 and it didn't come up till after 8.  Obviously not allowing myself to get in winter depression mode though!

No comments:

Post a Comment