Sunday, 19 June 2011

Don't those rugby players get hurt a lot?

Today I learned that just because it says "fillet" after something, it doesn't mean it is actually a "fillet".  So we went to this restaurant in Hornsby, a town nearby so that I could meet Bonnie's boyfriend.  I ordered a fillet and instead this MASSIVE steak came out.  It was still pretty good though and came with sweet potato chips so I was excited (mind you it cost $30, but was one of the cheapest on the menu).  Then we hung around and watched the rugby and footy games.  I decided that I need to find a team that I really like, buy a jersey and become an intense supporter (all in the next 7 weeks).  I'm loving this one team with baby blue jerseys so I'll keep you updated on that! 

I love my conversations with Aussies because I always ask a million questions and learn so many new things.  Some might say I ask too many questions, but hey if you don't ask the questions you won't get the answers, right?  I attempted to do my Aussie accent, but unfortunately it always comes out as British.

 We didn't feel like drinking but I made Bonnie buy the apple cider because it was named MONTEITH after Corey Montheith on Glee obviously (no one else with us was very impressed).

Bonnie thought the term "tping someone" meant putting an actual tipi in someones yard, that was fun to explain. 

Then, we all stuffed into Emily's car to get a ride home (that was fun considering both boys are well over 6 feet tall).  Note Bonnie's boyfriend is wearing a Michigan sweatshirt and really has no idea where the place is, so I had to fill him in on some University of Michigan facts.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha love the tping comment

    Also: don't ever stop asking questions. Thats one of my favorite things about you :)

    Miss you boo boo

    ReplyDelete