| The shops: grocery store,two coffee shops, news agency, bakery, bottle shop |
Sunday, 26 June 2011
Miss Allan & Miss Alley sound a lot alike
On Friday I was able to sub for Bonnie's 6th grade class. She has a bunch of sick days built up and since I was here she decided to take a "mental health day." It was really fun teaching her class, especially because it was so easy to threaten them since Bonnie is one of my best friends and I kept telling them that she would find out about everything. Fridays are interesting days at school here. If kids are on the soccer or netball teams, they get to leave school at 12 for the games, and a couple of teachers get to go with (last year I did and I loved it...got to gossip with the older kids the entire time). Then after lunch so around 2 till the end of the day the rest of the school gets to do sport which is basically gym class. It is teacher led and all Australian sports, kids are put onto teams at the beginning of the year and stay with that team the entire year. I was in charge of soft hockey which was a bit of a disaster (at least I didn't get cricket or netball though). It was a pretty lame sport and the kids just kept complaining so I was really happy when the bell rang and it was the end of the day!
On a side note: I have now learned what it is like to teach and live in the town that your school is at. Today while running I had to stop three times because students flagged me down. Then, I walked up to the shops or grocery store (my aussie lingo is getting real good) and saw about eight kids from school at the store. Finally I just put my sunglasses on and hid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What is a bottle shop?
ReplyDeletea bottle shop is a store that sells alcohol!
ReplyDelete