Friday, 17 June 2011

Out on the town

Last night was my first night out since I have been in Australia.  It was just like old times, Emily came over to Bonnie's before going out so that we could have predrinks together.  Bonnie made some mojitos using mint and lime from my host family's garden.

I have to explain that getting to Sydney is quite a process and it is not very fun in the cold.  We walk to the train, which is about a 10-15 minute walk.  Then the train takes about 40 minutes and then another long walk or cab ride and your there.  But we always make the commute well worth it.

We met up with Bonnie's roommate at the Sydney Opera House bar, which is a really nice, classy bar right by the water.  It costs $17 for a drink so we knew after one drink we were going to have to find a new spot. (let me tell you though that was one DELICIOUS drink).  It was pretty cold and windy to sit outside so we took some pictures and then were on our way to the next place.

We went to a couple different bars that I have been to before, which are a lot of fun.  I am always shocked by how many people are there from all different places around the world.  Met some Canadians and British people (of course I chatted it up with them about the Royal wedding).

Here are a couple of pictures from our eventful night.  I couldn't have been happier to see the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, it felt like being home.

Emily & I

Bonnie & I

Hornsby train station

Bonnie, Emily, & I in front of the Harbour Bridge

Opera House

$17 drinks

Downtown Sydney


Asian tourist who wanted a picture with Australians
(little does she know that I am actually American)



2 comments:

  1. Ah, welcome to the blog world. :) Keep the posts coming. They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney looks lovely as do all you girls...

    ReplyDelete