| View of Cairns from the skyrail |
One of the place that people kept mentioning in Cairns was the Kuranda Rainforest. It is a really neat place! Basically you ride up on a skyrail (so think what you take when your skiing only these were fully enclosed) then you take a train home, all of which is through beautiful scenery. There is actually a town when you get to the top with lots of cute little shops, restaurants, and zoos. The restaurants had endless amounts of gluten free options. I was so amazed that this little town was so aware of food allergies and was chatting it up with all the bakers.
I was really excited about the zoo because you could pay extra money to hold a koala bear AND get a professional photo taken. Of course I jumped at this opportunity! The koala was pretty nice, just grabbed onto me, and hung out. There was no one in line behind me so we got to have a little moment together. (and no he did not pee on me or smell bad like everyone said he would!) Then I got to feed some kangaroos, although the ones there were pretty lame and didn't do much.
| Partner in crime on the skyrail |
| First stop: more waterfalls |
| Mr. Koala |
| My little buddy |
| Besties |
| Finally found one that would accept my food |
| After this trip we were all waterfalled out...never seen so many in my entire life |
| Beautiful Cairns |
| Train ride back |
I'm so jealous you got to hold a koala!!!
ReplyDelete