I am going to try to think back day by day but first I have to share about the hostel/backpackers that we stayed at. (Did I mention our flight was at 6 AM and we left Bonnies at 3:30 AM...great start to the trip) So apparently this place is THE PLACE to stay at if you are in Cairns (or so we heard). It was definitely a big party place and everything was intended for people in their early 20s. You would think a big party place would sound like lots of fun, but after 3 days of not getting any sleep due to extremely loud music, you would start to think otherwise. This place literally played the same 10 songs OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, all day everyday. The music didn't stop till after 5 AM on the weekends. Now I am sounding like an old lady here...I mean we went out most nights but it's like who can go out till 5 AM every night of the week? Certainly not me! The music was so loud that our room would shake and I would wake up several times a night and be able to hear the exact words of the songs being played (sometimes I thought I was singing along in my dreams). I could go on and on about this place so if you have more questions just ask.
Cairns is a beautiful place!! It is right on the water with mountains in the background. The weird thing about Cairns is that there is no beach, just a lagoon. And no sand, so when we layed out it was on grass. But there was tons of people around (all young and from all over the world) and we had a nice time just relaxing there.
| We have arrived! And its only 10 AM |
| The lagoon |
| Cairns with no beach |
| Marina |
| Mountains |
| I love this place! |
| Australia memorial |
| Sunset view from our room |
| Outside the hostel |
No comments:
Post a Comment