Thursday, 28 July 2011

League NOT union

Since I have been here all my friends are trying so hard to help me master an Australian accent.  Unfortunately every time I test this accent out, it comes out British.  Even a cab driver (those men never talk!) told me that my Aussie accent is terrible.  Guess I won't be able to trick anyone into thinking I'm Australian when I get home.

Nick's birthday weekend celebration continued with a trip to a rugby LEAGUE game (there is league and union apparently both very different and people get very angry if you get them confused).  The place where the game was played was tiny, slightly bigger than WWSHS stadium.  Again the game was pretty confusing, but I definitely understood it more than the AFL game the week before.  Basically the guys just keep running into each other and wear no pads (scary).  The players wear really tight jerseys and very short shorts, I still don't understand how they feel comfortable running around and tackling people with those really short shorts.  Manly won the game and obviously I was rooting for them because the boys were more attractive and Manly Beach is amazing.

Manly vs. Penrith


Who wears short shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment