Thursday, 28 July 2011

Karaoke Superstar

So for a really long time now I have always wanted to do karaoke (another item on my bucket list).  Whenever I am at a bar that just so happens to have karaoke I am very open about the fact that I WANT to do it and practically try to drag my friends to come up with me (altho never has this actually been successful).  Sometimes I wonder "would I actually go up on stage and sing in front of a huge group of strangers?"  Probably not, which is why I try to drag a friend up there with me to make it less awkward.  Anyways over the weekend it was Bonnie's boyfriends birthday and late at night totally spur of the moment we decided to call over to this karaoke place where you can get indivudual rooms.  They had rooms avaible so we hopped in cabs and made our way over there (altho our cab took us to the wrong location so we had to get in another cab...but really that's another story).  We finally got there and it was absoluetly amazing!  We had our own private room, two mics, and a HUGE book full of songs.  Like honestly every other song I saw I wanted to sing, who knew there were sooo many good ones!

If you know me well you know that I have always always always said that "Sweet Caroline" would be my first karaoke song (it's just such a crowd pleaser and sing along song, especially if you get really into the BUM BUM BUM!).  Of course we did the standard Spice Girls, MJ, Hanson, and Backstreet Boys (the boys were not very impressed).  Even tried a little Bieber but oh my goodness are those songs high, I had to give up half way in.  My favorite was definitly singing Afroman with Nick because I mean I saw that guy in concert at Bluebird (Btown represent!)

It was a crazy night filled with hilarious stories and I really wish we had a video camera there to watch back the next day.  Look out Chicago friends I have already looked up a place in the city for us to go to :)

Trying to stay classy with wine

Fist pumping to Sweet Caroline, obviously

Rockstar mode

Getting pretty into it


Afromannnn 

1 comment:

  1. im so proud of you that you sang to afroman. that concert was one of my favorite btown memories!

    ReplyDelete