Friday, 22 July 2011

These boots were made for walking

Manly Wharf where the ferry leaves from
 Alright so we didn't actually wear boots on our walk but it was the only catchy title I could think of.  When I was here last year the girls would always talk about this LONG walk from the spit bridge to Manly, with beautiful views and what not.  Unfortunately we never had time to do the walk last year so I made sure it was on the top of my list for this year.  When my parents came to visit last year we stayed in Manly so it will forever be one of my favorite places in Australia.

The walk is 10K, which is a little over 6 miles for us Americans (I am getting pretty good at converting distance, weight, and temperature...but seriously why can't it all be the same around the world?)  We had to take a bus to the spit bridge and then when we were done we ended up back in Manly.  It took us about 2 and a 1/2 hours to walk it.  It was absolutely beautiful, most of it was on cliffs near the water and was actually more strenuous than I had imagined.  Ash and I were lucky to get a day with no rain!
Part of the walk was on the beach


Sydney in the distance


Indiana represent!

Self timer at its finest

Back to Manly, and its dark out

No comments:

Post a Comment